Role of Weekly Teriparatide Administration in Osseous Union Enhancement within Six Months After Posterior or Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion for Osteoporosis-Associated Lumbar Degenerative Disorders: A Multicenter, Prospective Randomized Study.14
Assessing the utility of a clinical prediction score regarding 30-day morbidity and mortality following metastatic spinal surgery: the New England Spinal Metastasis Score (NESMS).14
Negative effects of smoking, workers’ compensation, and litigation on pain/disability scores for spine patients.12
Five-year Reoperation Rates and Causes for Reoperations Following Lumbar Microendoscopic Discectomy and Decompression.?
Healthy lifestyle behavior and risk of long duration troublesome neck pain or low back pain among men and women: results from the Stockholm Public Health Cohort.15
Cell Therapy for Treatment of Intervertebral Disc Degeneration: A Systematic Review.?
In Degenerative Spondylolisthesis, Unilateral Laminotomy for Bilateral Decompression Leads to Less Reoperations at 5 Years When Compared to Posterior Decompression With Instrumented Fusion10
Aging of the Cervical Spine in Healthy Volunteers A 10-Year Longitudinal Magnetic Resonance Imaging Study10
Microsurgical Treatment of Lumbar Disc Herniation: A Report of 158 Patients with a Mean Followup of More Than 32 Years.9
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Predictors Of Surgical Outcome In Patients with Intervertebral Disc Herniation12
Spineopedia Mission & Purpose
Our mission is to be the most comprehensive online community devoted to the collection and dissemination of high quality, evidence based research findings, and unbiased study reviews related to spine care, while fostering transparent, open scholarly discussion amongst spine care professionals to improve treatment and outcomes. Spineopedia is a resource intended to enhance decision making by both spine providers and consumers.
Spineopedia Reviewed Top Historical StudiesClassification
Spineopedia Reviewed Contemporary StudiesClassification
Featured Spineopedia Reviewed Study
Microsurgical Treatment of Lumbar Disc Herniation: A Report of 158 Patients with a Mean Followup of More Than 32 Years.
This is a retrospective review of reported outcomes of 158 patients, with a minimum of 25 years followup after microsurgical discectomy of a lumbar herniated disc. The Authors conclude that microsurgical discectomy surgery is an effective technique with high patient satisfaction. This is an important retrospective long term view on microdiscectomy, and certainly is consistent […]
Latest Spine News - June 8th, 2023 10:56 AM
- Early Surgery (Within 24 Hours) Benefits Patients Suffering from Acute Thoracolumbar Spinal Cord Injury: A Meta-analysis
- Outcome and Health-Related Quality of Life After Combined Anteroposterior Surgery Versus Anterior Surgery Alone in Subaxial Cervical Spine Fractures: Analysis of a National Multicenter Data Set
- Letter to the Editor concerning "Is procalcitonin a reliable indicator of sepsis in spinal cord injury patients: an observational cohort study" by Anas M, et al. (Eur Spine J  https://doi.org/10.1007/s00586-023-07609-4)
- Can placement of hook at the upper instrumented level decrease the proximal junctional kyphosis risk in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis?
- Safety and accuracy of cannulated pedicle screw placement in scoliosis surgery: a comparison of robotic-navigation, O-arm-based navigation, and freehand techniques
- Can anterior vertebral body tethering provide superior range of motion outcomes compared to posterior spinal fusion in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis? A systematic review
- Quantile regression-based prediction of intraoperative blood loss in patients with spinal metastases: model development and validation
- Clinical management and prognosis of spinal myxopapillary ependymoma: a single-institution cohort of 72 patients
- Symptomatic secondary spinal arachnoid cysts: a systematic review
- One-stage Spine-shortening Osteotomy Treated Severe Spinal Deformity Associated With Spinal Cord Malformations
- Prediction of future curve angle using prior radiographs in previously untreated idiopathic scoliosis: natural history from age 6 to after the end of growth (SOSORT 2022 award winner)
- Functional neurological outcome of spinal cavernous malformation surgery
- Biomechanical Analysis of Multilevel Posterior Cervical Spinal Fusion Constructs
- Pharmacotherapies to prevent epidural fibrosis after laminectomy: a systematic review of in vitro and in vivo animal models
- Pharmacotherapies to Prevent Epidural Fibrosis after Laminectomy: A Systematic Review of In Vitro and In Vivo Animal Models